Thursday, December 22, 2011

Why I am a weirdo...

So you know that saying that goes something along the lines of; " if you buy a woman things that plug in or household supplies you better have a good life insurance policy that you're paid up on" , that totally doesn't apply to me.

In the past I have received bake ware, a crockpot, mixers (man I'm still sad J got our kitchenaid mixer when we split), sewing machines, etc and all were met with sincere smiles and thanks because it is stuff needed that I will use and use well. Most girls want diamonds, I like cooking and crafting supplies, LOL.

Things I would absolutely go gaga over for future birthdays or Christmases include;
* A decent sewing machine (one that embroiders would net you multiple blow jobs daily for life)
* A label Maker
* A kitchenaid mixer with pasta maker attachment (I've been lusting over that baby for at least 8 years)
* A dyson animal vacuum cleaner
* A nice steam cleaner that works well
* A crepe pan
* A pastry cutter
* An industrial grade food processor

So I guess the moral of this story is that while stereotypes can be useful they don't always get it right, know the person you're getting gifts for and get the something you know they'll enjoy even if it is considered a faux pas by others. Happy gift hunting. :)

1 comment:

Just Shell said...

** Just wanted to update that this Christmas my fantabulous boyfriend got me a very fancy label maker, something I've been lobbying for pretty much our entire relationship. I have the best boyfriend ever. Yes there is video of me squealing in excitement when I opened it. I am a tard.