Monday, October 27, 2008

102 things about me...



1) If you look next to the definition of sarcastic in the dictionary you will see my picture. Ok, so maybe that is a slight exaggeration but if the people at webster had met me, they would SO put my picture next to the definition. They would, I swear.

2) Speaking of dictionary's, many of my friends say I need to write one, I apparently have my own language. I'm just cool like that.

3) I am an active fighter against BSL (Breed specific Legislation) and have a TON of info for anyone who ever needs to use it to fight BSL in their area.

4) I am a foster mom for dogs. I love animals and am a "big softy pushover" according to some so I dedicate my time on occasion to taking in the needy and unloved until they can find the forever homes they deserve.

5) I currently have 2 foster dogs who are up for adoption. Cherry, the boxer mix and Mocha, the ridgeback? mix.

6) I am 31 (almost 32) years old

7) I have both a myspace and a facebook profile

8) I have 3 sisters and 4 brothers, all but one are younger than me.

9) I am attracted to dorky personalities and boys who can make me laugh.

10) I have 4 wonderful children.

11) I have 4 moms and 3 dads ;)

12) I hate myself more often than not.

13) I am a "Supernatural" addict and could easily become a stalker of both those boys with little prompting...

14) I wish they hadn't canceled "Black Donelly's", I'm still waiting to find out who died. :/

15) my friend Wendy and I lead parallel lives.

16) My birthday is cursed and every year I ask all family and friends to forget it, every year they ignore my request. :/

17) My favorite time of year is autumn

18) I have a myspace friend named Autumn

19) My favorite holiday is Christmas

20) My best Christmas memory is of baking Christmas cookies, decorating the tall 13 foot tree in the family room and then pretending with my sisters that we were orphans in an orphanage who would be getting no presents that year while we camped out in the living room for the night under the tree...

21) my best winter memory is of spending time at the Tahoe cabin; drinking hot chocolate in front of a warm fire, playing arcade games in the game room, learning to shoot pool from my dad, sliding down the stairs in pillowcases, building igloos in the snow and being the best and fastest sledder in my family. I rocked that thing.

22) I cant water ski, but I ride a mean knee-board/boogie board (whatever its called).

23) my parents divorced when I was 8

24) My grandpa died when I was 9. That was the first event in my life to shatter me, but not the last.

25.) I'm a Capricorn

26) For the past 3 New Years in a row, I fell asleep before the clock struck midnight.

27) My favorite colors are Blue, Green and Gray.

28) My favorite type of food is Italian

29) I make a mean chicken curry, Chicken pot pie and Bruschetta chicken.

30) I have had men offer to marry me after tasting my cinnamon rolls.

31) I have a secret desire to own a hedgehog and a chinchilla for pets.

32) I love and collect Dragons.

33) I am precognitive and consider it a curse.

34) I have 3 nephews and no nieces :/

35) The best place I have ever lived was Washington State.

36) I am writing this list because my sister challenged me to after she wrote hers.

37) It is harder for me to write this than she led me to believe it would be.

38) I hate being skinny, I was teased all the time growing up and it sucked.

39) my nicknames in highschool were Princess and Kitten thanks to Tom and Woody.

40) I have a thing for boys who talk pretty and once dated an Irish boy for months for that reason alone.

41) I have had boyfriends from every branch of the military.

42) I was anorexic and bulimic as a teen/ early 20's.

43) I write poetry

44) My dream is to be a published romance writer.

45) I am a passion parties consultant. Want to add some passion to your life? Ask me how

46) I dont like to shop. But I have a weakness for earrings and boots!

47) I failed at marriage and make a terrible wife.

48) I relate better to boys than girls and prefer male friends over female.

49) I played with barbies for WAY too long

50) I like to give gifts and help to people better than I like receiving it.

51) I prefer having short hair but am trying to see how long I can grow it just for the hell of it.

52) I have had my heart stolen by a steer named Stanley and a sheep named Charlie.

53) I was a 4h member and raised a sheep named kix. After selling him I vowed to never eat lamb again and promptly quit 4h. It was a tough summer.

54) I am a Nora Roberts addict.

55) I love action flicks and will pick that over a chick flick 9 times out of 10.

56) I combined my two highschool nicknames to make my email address.

57) I was the CGA Queen in 1993, I got a sash, belt buckle and tiara.

58) I hate to cry and fight it whenever the tears come on.

59) If I could "turn off" my heart to prevent being vulnerable in love, I would.

60) The best present I ever got was when my sisters took me on a trip to Hawaii for my birthday

61) I often feel alone in a crowd

62) I broke my arm in kindergarten, middle finger in 5th grade, wrist in 7th grade, 3 toes in 7th grade and have had numerous cuts, bruises, sprains and scars.

63) I have a permanent indention in my cheekbone and chin from when my dog knocked me over face-first onto the pavement while walking her, causing the bones to chip.

64) I love chocolate

65) For my birthday I always have grasshopper pie from baskin robbins



66) my first french-kiss was in the summer before 7th grade on my front lawn @ 11pm. I can still remember every sound and how the air felt. It was sweet.

67) I am afraid of needles, sharks, clowns, heights, having my feet off the ground and flying in airplanes.

68) I hate going to the Dr.

69) Hospitals terrify me because they smell like death.

70) I have to take birth control for the rest of my life to regulate my hormones because I have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome

71) I cant take Depo Provera because it sucks the nutrients from my body and makes me sick.

72) My sister Melissa and I are the Speed Uno champions of the family. We make a great team!

73) I was known as the town slut in Tracy before I ever lost my virginity.

74) When I was younger I wanted to name my first boy Dakota.

75) I was always Cody when we would play "bad girls" growing up.



76) I will never be Martha Stuart.

77) I love my crockpot, more than it is appropriate to love a kitchen appliance.

78) I am stubborn and argumentative

79) I am afraid to be vulnerable

80) I hate being thought of as vulnerable, fragile or weak

81) I am better at getting my thoughts out in letters than in face-to-face conversations

82) The chore I hate doing most is folding laundry

83) I label my appliance cords

84) I know all the words to almost every Disney song ever written.

85) My favorite movie is The Ghost and the Darkness


86) I sing in the shower

87) I believe whole heartedly that chocolate dipped cones from Fosters Freeze are a zillion times better than ones from DQ

88) I am now craving a chocolate dipped cone from Fosters Freeze

89) If you Google my name, I show up - and its for all animal-related stuff.

90) I plan things WAY in advance. If I'm going on vacation all things will be packed and double checked at least a week minimum before my leave date.

91) I have a thing for motorcycles and the boys that ride them. I firmly believe this is linked to childhood memories of riding behind my dad on his motorcycle when I was just a child.

92) I hate confrontation with those I know and love, but will pick fights with strangers all day long.

93) My favorite fruit is mulberries, mangoes come in a close second.

94) I believe avocado makes everything taste better

95) My favorite male musician is George Strait



96) My favorite Female musician is tied between Reba Mcentire & Martina Mcbride

97) Nothing makes me feel more at peace than riding full-out on the back of a horse with no saddle between us

98) My favorite band is Staind

99) I played clarinet in elementary school

100) I own the entire "chronicles of narnia" collection and still read and enjoy them to this day.

101) It took me two days to complete this list. :/

102) Writing this list was one of the most difficult things I've ever done.

2 comments:

Melissa Christensen said...

Yay! You did it. I like it...oh Stanley and Charlie. How could I ever forget ;-(
ps: DQ dipped cone = foster freeze dipped cone

Can you really tell the difference?

Just Shell said...

yep, I really can tell the difference. The chocolate they use at Fosters Freeze has more of a fudge taste. I like it better. But I'll take DQ if there's no FF around.

PS- I hate you. ;) Writing this list was really HARD.